With our years of experience, we can assist you with construction and administering of your will to ensure you:
- leave your property, money and other assets to the people you want, giving you the peace of mind;
- administration in accordance with your expressed instructions;
- have the best advice on all aspects of Grant of Representation (Probate and others), estate planning and distribution, and establishment of trust and settlements (disputed and undisputed);
- get the best advice on claims under the Inheritance Act 1975; and
- be thoroughly informed on insolvency and partnership liabilities.
Our Wills and Probate team is headed by our Principal Solicitor with 30 years of experience coupled with other Solicitors, Trainees and support staff where necessary. With extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious Probate, Intestacy and Representation matters, our team is both effective and efficient in handling these matters during this fragile and sensitive time.
We are Price Transparent
We strongly believe in ensuring a clear delivery of information relating to our services and related fees so that you can be confident in your choice. To assist, we have laid out below an estimate of what you are likely to expect.
The following assumptions are made in order to provide an estimate for a simple, uncontested matter:
- There is a valid Will; and
- Named Executor(s) still willing to act; and
- Maximum of three named Beneficiaries in the Will; and
- No Claims on the Estate; and
- No more than one property (land); and
- Property is held as joint tenants and is in the UK; and
- No more than three bank or building society accounts; and
- Nil Rate Band not utilised; and
- Total value of estate does not exceed Nil Rate Band; and
- No Testamentary or Statutory Trusts created on death.
If the above conditions are satisfied, we consider this to be a Simple Estate and expect to only spend up to a maximum of 15 hours of time on your matter.
Administering a Simple Estate
- Obtain and take steps to verify original Will
- Identify Executor(s) and Beneficiaries named under the Will
- Identify the assets and liabilities of the Estate
- Advertising in The London Gazette and local newspaper
- Complete and file HM Revenue and Customs forms
- Prepare and complete the Probate application
- Call in all assets and discharge all Estate liabilities
- Account to Executor(s) and make distributions according to the Will
Our Solicitor rates range between £210.00 – £300.00 + VAT per hour depending on the amount of post qualification experience the acting Solicitor that would be working on your matter has gained.
Our Trainee Solicitor rates are quoted at £185.00 + VAT per hour.
Disbursement Fee Estimates
|Probate Application Fee||£155.00|
|Swearing of Oath (per Executor)||£5.00|
|Exhibits in Oath||£2.00 each|
|Official Copy of Title Pack||£6.00|
|Advertising in The London Gazette||£83.40|
|Advertising in local newspaper||£75.00 – £150.00|
|Bankruptcy Search (per Beneficiary)||£2.00|
Where there is any Conveyance of the property (land) required, this will fall under our Residential Conveyancing services and fees applied accordingly
Total Fee Estimate
We utilise a fee structuring model that enables you to get the best possible rates without compromising the experience applied to your matter. We do this by combining the resources and skills of Trainees and Solicitors to offer you unrivalled value.
On a Simple Estate utilising the full 15 hours of time spent, and to include the likely use of our Residential Conveyancing services for the sale of land, we estimate the total fees and expenses on your matter as follows:
|Trainee Solicitor||£185.00 per hour||10 hours||£1,850.00||£370.00|
|Solicitor||£210.00 per hour||2 hours||£420.00||£84.00|
|Principal Solicitor||£300.00 per hour||3 hours||£900.00||£180.00|
|Probate Application Fee||£155.00||1||£155.00||–|
|Swearing of Oath (per Executor)||£5.00||2||£10.00||–|
|Exhibits in Oath||£2.00 each||1||£2.00||–|
|Official Copy of Title Pack||£6.00||1||£6.00||–|
|Advertising in The London Gazette||£83.40||1||£83.40||–|
|Advertising in local newspaper||£75.00 – £150.00||1 (average taken)||£100.00||–|
|Bankruptcy Search (per Beneficiary)||£2.00 each||3||£6.00||–|
*The Residential Conveyancing estimate is based on the assumptions and illustration as outlined here.
Based on the example above and where all of the assumptions are met, we anticipate an overall turn-around time from instruction to completion to be 8 –10 weeks on the basis that we do not experience any unreasonable delays from third parties.
Administering Larger Estates
Where the Estate exceeds assumptions 5, 7 and 9 above, we consider this to be a Larger Estate and would be happy to provide you with a personalised quote upon receiving further information.
Administering Complex Estates
Where the Estate does not meet assumptions 1-4, 6, 8 and 10 above, we consider this to be a Complex Estate and would be happy to provide you with a personalised quote upon receiving further information.
A few examples of a Complex Estate are outlined below and is where there is:
- Intestacy/Invalid Will; and/or
- Unwilling/unavailable Executors; and/or
- Unknown Beneficiaries; and/or
- Potential Claims on the Estate; and/or
- Cases of Donatia Mortis Causa (gifts made in contemplation of death); and/or
- Partial utilisation of Nil Rate Band; and/or
- Testamentary and/or Statutory Trusts created on death