Our experienced Employment Disputes and Litigation team assist you with all your employment matters to ensure you are treated fairly and your interests are well represented and thoroughly covered with your employer (former or prospective).
You can count on our advice and service for:
- Employment Contracts, Compromise & Service Agreements and Law;
- Employment Disputes and Grievances & Tribunal Claims and Hearings – such as Discrimination at work, Internal Disciplinary Proceedings;
- Covering your interests in Redundancy, Restructuring, Wrongful and Unfair Dismissal.
- Employment Agencies matters
Our Employment team is headed by our Principal Solicitor with 30 years of experience coupled with other Solicitors, Trainees and support staff where necessary.
We are Price Transparent
Employment matters are unique to each and every situation, Employee and Employer involved. Whether you are an Individual seeking to make a Claim or a Business that needs to Respond to a Claim, our services include all the necessary preparatory work to take you through the following key milestones:
- Obtaining your instructions, reviewing all contracts and other paperwork and advising you as to your legal position;
- Dealing with the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS);
- Preparing your Claim or Response;
- Reviewing and advising on the Claim or Response from other party;
- Exploring the option of a Settlement Agreement and negotiating the terms of the settlement
- Preparing or considering a Schedule of Loss
- Exchanging documents with the other party and agreeing a bundle of documents;
- Taking Witness Statements, drafting statements and agreeing their content with witnesses
- Preparing the trial bundle of documents
- Reviewing and advising on the other party’s Witness Statements
- Agreeing a list of issues, a chronology and/or cast list
- Preparation and attendance at Final Hearing, including instructions to Counsel.
Total Fee Estimate
Our Solicitor rates range between £210.00 – £300.00 + VAT per hour depending on the amount of post qualification experience the acting Solicitor that would be working on your matter has gained.
Our Trainee Solicitor rates are quoted at £185.00 + VAT per hour.
A case that is simple on the facts and listed for a one day trial would start at £3,000 + VAT and includes a thorough level of contact with you to ensure we are fully prepared. Additionally, on your behalf, we would typically instruct a Barrister to represent you at trial. Barrister’s fees vary however on a one day hearing where a junior Barrister is instructed these fees could start at £500 + VAT and rising to £1,500 + VAT for a Barrister with 10+ years’ experience.
The timescales to complete your matter are much dependent upon which stage a final resolution is reached. This could be during pre-claim negotiations in which case you could expect conclusion of your matter within 6 – 8 weeks. However, if the matter proceeds to the Employment Tribunal for a Final Hearing, depending on how busy the Tribunal is, this is likely to take between 25 – 35 weeks. These timescales are a rough indication only and we will advise you of more accurate dates once we have more information as your matter progresses.